Front View of Beautiful Oregon Home

Fear of Spiders Leads Man to Start Dangerous Fire

A man’s fear of spiders while at a gas station lead to him starting a dangerous fire. He spotted a spider on his car gas tank and tried to kill it by lighting his cigarette lighter. Of course a blaze erupted almost instantly. The fire burned part of his car and completely destroyed the gas station pump before he was able to douse it with a fire extinguisher. The man was very fortunate to escape serious injury.

The entire episode was caught on the station’s video surveillance camera.

Notable lesson: Don’t let the fear of spiders result in dangerous reactions. Burning them is never recommended, especially around flammable gas!